The Day after Tomorrow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Day After Tomorrow : your rates !

4 posters

Go down

The Day After Tomorrow : your rates ! Empty The Day After Tomorrow : your rates !

Post by AXS Sun 15 Feb - 13:40

Hi ! I created this forum for talk about the film : " The Day after Tomorrow ". Remind the story :

That starts in Antarctica, a group of scientists is searching in the ice. The ice breaks: It was the starting element of the disaster who to be taking place in the world.

Jack, a renowned scientist speaks in front of important governments about the climate changes like the snow, the rain and the drop of seas and oceans temperatures.
He predicts the continuation of the events in the next years: He thinks a new ice age will be coming.

His son, Sam, leave to New-York-City for his studies with his friends.
The events that Jack has spoken are happening earlier. Tornadoes, floods, hailstones, snow and tsunami. All of that goes very quickly all around the world. Jack want to find his son but it will be very difficult.

A small picture: The Day After Tomorrow : your rates ! 1424003997-the-day-after-tomorrow-flood

I like this film 'cause there are actions and it makes me think about human attitude and what we can do to escape from a disaster without important consequences. But I find the end is, IMO, slapdashed because the storm is very strong in the evening, and totally finished the next morning.

I like the scene the poor man talks with the policeman about the dog because it can't enter in the library. But The man and his dog goes inside when the policeman looks somewhere else. That was funny.

I also like the scene of Jack's conference because the governments should have the same attitude in real life.

I find the scene when the temperatures drop in N-Y, is very unrealistic.

AXS

Back to top Go down

The Day After Tomorrow : your rates ! Empty Re: The Day After Tomorrow : your rates !

Post by béré156 Sun 15 Feb - 15:09

Hi, this is my opinion on the film.
I like the film because it is interesting.
The story is beautiful. I like the film because it is strange : the action is excessive.
I find there is a message in the film : to protect the world.

3 scenes I've liked or disliked.
I disliked the scene when the president spoke with peope, because I think that scene is boring.

I liked the scene when Sam with boys going to find the medicines in the boat, because there was action.

Finally I liked the scene when the ice caps broke, because there was suspense.

béré156

Back to top Go down

The Day After Tomorrow : your rates ! Empty Re: The Day After Tomorrow : your rates !

Post by Wend14143001 Sun 15 Feb - 17:38

Hello, this is my opinion on the film.
I don't like the film because I find that we can predict the end from the beginning and that is really unreal. The story between the characters is beautiful and touching.

This is my opinion on a few scenes.

I don't like the moment when they are car and all other cars are carried by the wind because this is bizarre, the car isn't damaged.

I like the moment when the mother is waiting with the boy at the hospital because it was touching and moving

I like also the moment when they are in the library, they make a fire, they burn the books and the owner don't want ti burn the books because the dialogue was funny.

Wend14143001

Back to top Go down

Post by Groundun2909 Tue 17 Feb - 17:45

Hey ! I agree with wend14143001, I think it is unreal. But it's a good film, the characters are endearing, there are many actions.

I like the moment at the begining of the film when the ice is breaking and the scientist is saved just in time, there is suspens, and I love it.

I don't like the moment when Sam's friend goes out while water invades the city instead of staying in the library. She's cray for doing that.

I like the passage when Sam calls his father when he is in the water, he almost drowns.

I like the scene when Jack makes his speech because I like the atmosphere at this moment.

Groundun2909

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum